The PGSS Family Care Caucus advocates on behalf of graduate students and postdocs who are pregnant, caring for a dependent child, or caring for an infirm or elderly relative.
The Caucus works to:
- Coordinate the actions of Caucus members which are part of various PGSS committees
- Assess, monitor and improve the PGSS’ operations in relation to family care issues
- Gather information and develop expertise on issues affecting McGill graduate students and postdoctoral fellows caring for dependants
- Advocate for the equitable treatment of McGill graduate students and postdoctoral fellows caring for dependents through committee and caucus work and through collaborations with other groups and offices who provide services and resources for graduate students and postdocs
- Respond to requests for information and assistance on all matters related to graduate students and postdoctoral fellows caring for dependents through information dissemination, referrals or other support as deemed necessary and appropriate
- Make recommendations to Council and the Executive on improving the Society’s policies and services in relation to graduate students and postdoctoral fellows caring for dependents
The Family Care Caucus meets regularly and is open to all PGSS members (parents and non-parents).
For more information or to join the PGSS Family Care Caucus: email@example.com.
Join the McGill Student Parent Network on Facebook at “McGill SPN”. This is a closed group, so you will also need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added.
For information about how to make your events more family-friendly, please see the document below: